When you’re trying to choose books for your own child, it’s really useful to ask kids with similar interests what they like. Chances are, there’ll be some cross-over. But it’s kind of hard to find just the right kid. So we’ve got a series of Profiles (click on Reading Profiles in the Categories for more) to help you with some great book suggestions.
Here’s a spunky, imaginative and extremely interesting seven-year-old girl with some great book choices.
Girl, almost seven, Canadian, reading above grade level.
Kooky, brave, tomboy
Pokemon, animals, nature, computer games
FIVE FAVOURITE BOOKS
1) The 101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith (the original, not the Disney version)
2) Unicorn Wishes and entire World of Wishes series by Carol Barton
3) Wild Paws series by Susan Hughes
4) The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
5) Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
6) The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting